Thursday 25 November 2010

Sugar Roses

Oooo it has been a long time since I last posted hasn't it?! I just don't know where this month has gone. It'll be Christmas before we know it!

A couple of months ago myself and my lovely friend Pauline signed up to a cake decorating class. It has been something that I've been wanting to learn for a while and as the class was only £25 (what a bargain!) we signed up straight away.

The first few weeks were spent learning how to make roses and how to put them together to display on a cake. I then got to ice a cake with fondant icing - something that I have never done before. Below are the piccies...i am so proud of my cake!!









We are now working on decorating a christmas themed cakes so Im sure i will be posting some more piccies in a few weeks :)

2 comments:

  1. Great work. I know what you mean about being proud of your cake, its only right you should be so pleased when so much hard work goes into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a total bargain of a class and how fabulous are your roses!
    Well done! can't wait to see what else you do

    ReplyDelete