Friday 2 July 2010

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

All my revision paid off and I passed my driving theory last week..hooray! I'm halfway there to be being able to drive..just gotta do the scary driving part next...eek!

Anyways....due to my success with my test and the glorious weather we have been having lately I am in a very happy and summery mood! I finished work tonight and thought I'd try making a batch of ice cream cone cupcakes. I saw these cupcakes in the Eat Me cookbook when I first got it and thought they looked interesting. I was a little bit skeptical about how well they would work...I had visions of the cone going soggy, falling over or breaking during cooking.. but decided I would give them a go anyway!

After reading a bad review on Amazon about this recipe I decided to use the trusty fairy cake recipe from Rachel Allen's Bake and ice them with vanilla buttercream. I was also a bit unsure about how tasty a cupcake would actually be eating it out of a wafer cone but have just tried one and its surprisingly nice! Definitely a success, although I will let Karl be the final judge of that when he tries one!




2 comments:

  1. These look lovely! I know what you mean about ice cream cones - I keep seeing recipes but worry it'll be too try. The decorations are great, it looks like a real ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you. I think karl maybe thought they were a little dry...he just didnt have the knack at eating them tho...i ended up slicing them in half and using a knife to spread the butter cream down the length of the cone!

    ReplyDelete