Saturday 11 September 2010

Pear and Raspberry Crumble

I've been meaning to blog about this recipe for a little while. I got it out of last months Sainsburys Magazine. I love this magazine..there's always at least one recipe I want to make in every copy I buy and its only £1.40..what a bargain!

I made this recipe a few weekends ago as a simple dessert on a sunday night. I love crumbles - so quick and easy to make and they always taste so so good...proper comfort food for me!

Pear and Raspberry Crumble Recipe
Serves 4

3 large slightly unripe pears - 700g cored and thickly sliced
300g fresh raspberries (or blackberries..whichever you prefer)
60g caster sugar

For the crumble
100g cold butter, diced
225g plain flour
50g caster sugar

Preheat the over to 180C, fan 160C, gas 4. To make the crumble topping, in a large bowl, rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips, or pulse them together in a food processor, until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.

Butter a 1.2 litre oven proof dish and arrange the pears in it. Sprinkle over the raspberries and then the sugar.

With a large spoon, scatter the crumble mixture evenly over the fruit. Bake in the centre of the oven for about an hour. The crumble should just be turning golden and there will be some raspberry juice bubbling up around the sides.

Sprinkle with a little extra sugar and serve with ice cream like me...or custard or cream...all equally yummy!

3 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing htis recipe up too! Looks great, gotta love a crumble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious. I've never tried a recipe from a magazine before. I think it's because I don't buy magazines and I don't want to look weird if I ripped one out of a magazine at the library. Either way, I'm glad you do and I'll have to make it some time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks scrumptious. I have a big, fat crush on your blog, too :3

    ReplyDelete