Thursday 19 April 2012

Dotcomgiftshop Product Review - Tea Coffee Sugar Tins

As you have probably seen from my previous post Dotcomgiftshop recently got in touch with me to tell me they had featured my blog on their website.

They asked me if I would be interested in doing a product review for them, which of course I jumped at the chance to do - I am always having a little nosy on their website and longing to be able to afford every single product on my huuuuge wish list. They honestly have some gorgeous products on their website, so if you haven’t checked them out yet – please do! The website is well worth a visit.

This morning at work I received my parcel from DotComGiftShop. I was so excited when the delivery man walked into reception and I saw the pink Dotcomgiftshop logo on the box he was carrying. I was having such a bad day (feeling poorly and then some crazy lady tried to ram into my car and then blame me!) but when I saw my parcel I was grinning from ear to ear (the delivery man must have wondered what on earth I was having delivered!). I’d already told my friend at work I would at some point be getting a delivery so eagerly we opened the box and unwrapped the contents.

The products I have been sent are the pantry design tea coffee sugar tins. I have never branched out into tea coffee sugar pot ownership...they’re always something that I can be found perusing over in kitchen shops..pondering over the different styles, taking lids on and off etc etc but something I have never actually bought!! Perhaps it is because I have not yet found the right ones that suit me or maybe it is because I am not a huge drinker of tea and coffee – who knows…but when Dotcomgiftshop said I could pick a set to review I knew as soon as I saw these ones with their cute vintage style and pastel colours that these were the ones for me – I could imagine these in my kitchen, especially when the people at DotComGiftShop suggested using them for my baking ingredients – what a good idea!

When the tins arrived they were well packaged in plenty of bubble wrap - always a plus when your products arrive in one piece and not damaged! The tins are approx 14cms high and 10cms in diameter and are a cylindrical shape. They have a quirky 50's style design with each tin having a matt finish and and being coloured in either pale pink, pale turquoise or a pale moss green. The lids of each tin all have a singing bird design on a doily style polka dot background.

The tins are selling on Dotcomgiftshop for £12.95 which I think is really good value. I'm very impressed with how well made these are and how much they actually fit in. The design is absolutely gorgeous and would look beautiful in anyones kitchen. I would definitely recommend these to a friend - they'd even make a fab house warming gift.

I couldn’t wait to get home and start filling the tea coffee sugar tins up and of course this was the first thing I did when I walked through the door.

As you know from my coffee and walnut cake post I have found a new obsession with coffee in cakes..yum! And therefore this coffee tin came at the right time – who wants to look at a boring jar of coffee in their cupboard when they can look at this cute little tin.

The sugar tin was also a most welcome addition to my kitchen – there are so many afternoons when I have been happily weighing sugar out for a cake and realised that the bottom of the sugar bag has been leaking and I have sugar all over my floor – nightmare! The last thing I want to be doing in the middle of baking is to start having to clean my floor! This new sugar tin will hopefully put an end to this mishap that keeps occurring!!

How lovely do these two tins look in my baking cupboard (yes..i did give the cupboard a tidy specifically for this picture!).


I didn’t realistically feel I could use the tea tin for baking ingredients – although I have used tea in baking before I don’t use enough to warrant giving it its own tin in my baking cupboard and I couldn’t stand to have something other than tea in it when it says tea on the front. I do drink a lot of green tea though and so this is now its new home.

I couldn't resist taking a few piccies of the tins in my kitchen - they just look so pretty...





Now I'm just saving my pennies for the matching cake tins!




No comments:

Post a Comment